Often compared to Norway’s magnificent fjords, Albania’s Lake Koman will dazzle you with its rugged natural beauty. Incredibly, this lake and her breathtaking surroundings that we see today, did not even exist until the 1970’s. The building of a large hydroelectric project resulted in a dam on the Drin River.
Located about a one hour drive from Shkodër, our Koman Lake excursion will culminate in a relaxing journey on the smooth glass-like water. If this adventure sounds familiar to you, it’s likely because you may have heard about it in a Bradt Travel Guide© where it was labeled “one of the great boat trips in the world.” We hope you’ll come see this magnificent lake for yourself!
- Transfer – Starting with an early morning pick-up (around 6-7 a.m.) from your hotel or guesthouse, our professional driver will transfer you and your guide to Lake Koman where we will board the morning ferry.
- Cruise – During this tranquil two-hour Koman Lake Ferry journey, we will pass through the scenic Drini Valley, which is cradled by 1500-meter-high rugged mountains.
- Lunch – Arriving around 11.30 on an island near the River Shala you can swim in the clear water so make sure you bring your swimming costume! At around 1:30 will break for a delicious homemade lunch in a local restaurant that is included in the price of this tour.
- Leisure Time – After your lunch you can sunbathe, swim, people watch, or just relax next to the tranquil waters.
- Return Transfer – We will drop you off at your hotel at around 7:30.
- Tour Duration: Full Day
Price: 40 Euro per person.
North Albania Tours is also happy to custom tailor this full day excursion. For example, it’s possible to combine this tour with a hiking adventure in the Theth & Valbone mountain range, which includes an overnight stay. To book this tour, or discuss your interests, please contact us.