Self-Guided • 3 Days • €170 Per Person
The Theth and Valbonë Three-Day Hiking Trip is one of our most popular hiking excursions. Come and see why this adventure creates positive memories that last a lifetime.
Declared a national park in 1966, the Theth National Park covers an area of 2,630 hectares. Winding through the park, the river Theth has created a lush, green, and inviting landscape that is a must-see when visiting Albania. Located near to the city of Shkodër and the North Albania Tours office, a hike through this national park is certain to calm and refresh your body and soul.
This is a self guided tour. We arrange the transfers, food, accommodation and cruise along Koman Lake. We also provide a map to guide you from Theth to Valbonë, however the trail is very well marked. And you will meet other hikers along the way. There is only one trail from Theth to Valbonë.
If a 3 day trip is too long for you, consider the Theth National Park Day Trip.
Day 1 : Travel and Exploring Theth
Leaving Shkodër in the morning we will transfer you to Theth (we pick up you in you’re accommodation in down town or around the area). On arrival we will enjoy a homemade lunch at an Albanian home (optional). After lunch you have the option to explore the Alp Town of Theth and the surrounding areas; the caves and waterfalls. We will have dinner at a family run guesthouse where we will then spend the night.
Day 2 : Approximately 6 Hour Hike
Leaving Theth in the morning following a hearty breakfast you will make your way through the stunning scenery of Theth National Park. This includes a picnic lunch looking out over the valley. There will be the opportunity to have a coffee or drink at a local cafe in Rragam half way along the route. You will arrive in Valbonë in the late afternoon where you can then put your feet up in a second family run guesthouses on this tour. You have the option of wandering through the ancient town of Valbonë before the evening meal at the guesthouse.
Day 3 : Transfer back to Shkodër via Koman Lake. Leaving Valbonë after breakfast we will board the 3 hour ferry for a beautiful ride long the incredible Koman Lake. After docking we will transfer everyone back to Shkodër (Tirana return options are available).
From Valbonë, back in Shkodër at 1 PM
From Theth – back in Shkodër at 6 PM
Groups of 1-10 – €170 per person
Groups of 11+ – €140 per person
Luggage Storage at Florian’s Guesthouse – FREE
Gated Car Parking at Florian’s Guesthouse – FREE
Accommodation in Shkodër – Please book and stay at our family-run Florian’s Guesthouse, 9.9/10 score on HostelWorld! Additional overnight(s) in Theth or Valbonë advance booking required thru NorthAlbaniaTours.com
Private Guide – Extra Fee *term and conditions subject to change; seasonal, weather, translators.
- Minibus Transfer from Shkodër – included in tour price
- Private Transfer from Shkodër – €80 One-Way, €160 Round Trip ALL ONE-WAY CHARGES BELOW
- Tirana, €50 Euros for 1-4 people
- Durrës €60 Euros for 1-4 people
- Krujë €40 Euros for 1-4 people
- Shëngjin €30 Euros for 1-4 people
- Berat €150 Euros for 1-4 people
- Elbasan €70 Euros for 1-4 people
- Pogradec €80 Euros for 1-4 people
- Vlore €150 Euros for 1-4 people
Montenegro (boarder fees included)
- Tivat/Kotor €90 Euros for 1-4 people
- Ulcinj €35 Euros for 1-4 people
- Bar €50 Euros for 1-4 people
- Budva €80 Euros for 1-4 people
- Podgorica €60 Euros for 1-4 people
- Cetinje €100 Euros for 1-4 people
- Herceg Novi €120 Euros for 1-4 people
- * to begin the hike the same day you must leave between 08.00 -9.00 a.m. from these cities.
Kosovo (boarder fees included)
- Prizren €150 Euros for 1-4 people
What to Bring
Hiking Gear, Water, Snacks, Sunscreen *1/2 way along the trail there is an expensive bar/shop
Please be aware you need to be in good physical health to hike the trail. Be prepared to be safe.